If you’re in the mood for something savory and cheesy then this meal is perfect for you. This yummy chicken enchiladas dish is filled with two kinds of cheeses, tender chicken, plus just the right amount of special spices. We had to dig deep, but we found Jessica Alba’s version of this tasty delight.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 5 oz each), cut into strips
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jar (12 oz) salsa
- 1 cup shredded lowfat cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded lowfat Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can (16 oz) traditional enchilada sauce
- 1 can (16 oz) green chile enchilada sauce
- Mexican hot sauce
- Cayenne pepper
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches across)
- Heat oven to 425°.
- In a medium pot, boil stock, chicken, jalapeño and garlic 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Strain chicken, run cold water over it and shred into a bowl.
- Mix in salsa and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine cheddar, 1/4 cup Monterey Jack, cilantro and olives; set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine enchilada sauces and add Mexican hot sauce and cayenne to taste.
- Stir until simmering. Set aside.
- Coat an 11″ x 13″ casserole pan with nonstick spray. Microwave tortillas 20 seconds.
- Place small handfuls of cheese mixture and chicken in center of each tortilla, roll up and place in pan, seam side down.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Ladle on sauce, then add remaining 1/4 cup Monterey Jack.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Serve with remaining sauce on the side.