For most women, becoming pregnant is one of the happiest times of their lives. The excitement after feeling a baby’s kick inside a mom’s belly; the emotional thrill of hearing the heartbeat for the first time; trying to pick out that perfect name, all bring joyous thoughts and memorable anticipation to a woman’s ever evolving world. But, sometimes, late in a mother’s pregnancy, that beautiful life growing inside of her suddenly stops. It’s been reported that 1 in every 115 births in the US is a stillbirth, and, sadly, most of these deaths are unexplained.
The following 17 celebrities tragically delivered stillbirth children.
1. Lily Allen – At 6 months pregnant, the British pop singer delivered a stillborn son in 2010. She previously had a miscarriage in 2008, but has since been blessed with two children.
2. Linda Evangelista – The supermodel delivered a stillborn baby 6 months into her pregnancy. The father was French football player Fabien Barthez. Six years later, she gave birth to a son, fathered by French billionaire, Francois-Henri Pinault.
3. Josephine Baker – The multi-talented performer had a stillbirth in 1941. She later went on to adopt 12 children.
4. Kelly Brook – In 2011, when the actress and model was 5 months along, she and ex-boyfriend, Thom Evans, suffered a devastating loss when she delivered her only child, a stillborn little girl.
5. Tameka”Tiny” Cottle-Harris – In 2009, the singer/reality star and rapper TI, lost their daughter when Tameka was 6 months pregnant.
6. Jennifer Syme – In 1999, the late actress, and former boyfriend, Keanu Reeves lost their only child, a daughter, 8 months into her pregnancy.
7. Andrea Schroeder – The reality star, and wife of actor Ricky Schroeder, was in her 6th month, carrying the couple’s 4th child, when she delivered their stillborn son.
8. Amanda Holden – In 2011, the Britain’s Got Talent judge, and husband, Chris Hughes, delivered a stillborn baby boy at 7 months. Sadly, a year earlier the couple had just experienced a miscarriage. Now, the couple have two children together
9. Barbara Eden – The I Dream of Jeannie actress carried a baby for 8 months before delivering a stillborn son. Tragically, her only surviving child, with ex-husband, Michael Ansara, died in 2001 of a heroin overdose.
10. Michelle Duggar – The reality star stirred up quite the controversy when she was pictured holding the hand of her stillborn daughter in 2011. She was five months pregnant. The baby girl was the 20th child for Michelle and husband, Jim Bob Duggar.
11. Annie Lennox – The soul singer has spoken candidly about the pain of her son’s stillbirth in 1988, with former spouse, Israeli filmmaker, Uri Fruchtmann. The couple later had two daughters together.
12. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis – The former First Lady gave birth to a stillborn daughter during her eighth month in 1956. She and husband, President John F. Kennedy went on to have three more children. Sadly, her youngest son, Patrick, was born 5 ½ weeks premature and died two hours after his birth.
13. Wendy Williams – The popular talk show host and author, had a heartbreaking two stillbirths, both when she was 5 months along. Previous to that, she had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. Together, she and her husband, Kevin Hunter, have one son, Kevin Jr.
14. Jane Pratt – In 2005, the Jane magazine editor, and ex-husband, Andrew Shaifer, suffered a double loss delivering stillborn twins at five months. The couple have one daughter together.
15. Jade Goody – In 2007, the late, Big Brother star, who died of cervical cancer, was pregnant with twins, with partner Jack Tweed, but, sadly, lost both, one to a miscarriage, and the other to a stillbirth.
16. Kim Woodburn – The English presenter gave birth to a stillborn son in 1966 when she was 6 months pregnant. She never had any more children.
17. Katey Sagal – In 1991, the Married with Children actress was rushed to the hospital and delivered her stillborn daughter, Ruby, via cesarean. She later went on to have two children with ex-husband Jack White, and one with current husband, Kurt Sutter.