Are you looking for an alternative to the starchy, carb-filled, traditional mashed potatoes? Well, the search is over. Bethenny Frankel’s Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes recipe will eliminate those unnecessary carbs, while satisfying your taste buds.
This simple meal will even add valuable nutrition to your diet like calcium, iron and vitamin C.
– 2 medium heads cauliflower, cleaned and cut into small pieces
– 4 oz cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
– 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
– 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (optional garnish)
- Pour 3 quarts of water in a 5-qt crock pot and add 1 tsp salt. Bring the water to a boil, and then add the cauliflower. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until well done.
- Drain well, then pat the cooked cauliflower dry between several layers of paper towels.
- Remove as much water as possible.
- In a food processor or a bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, purée the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper, and butter until almost smooth.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of the green onions, if desired.