Although we have no statistical data to show just how much power celebrities have on influencing the general public politically we do know that many famous people tend to not shy away from speaking their minds when it comes to politics, whether controversial or not. For the most part, these five moms tend to take the opposite approach by keeping their political opinions to themselves.
1. Carrie Underwood – “I prefer to stay away from politics,” is what country star Carrie Underwood told journalists in October when gearing up for the 2016 Country Music Awards. In 2008, the famous mom told Access Hollywood, “I lose all respect for celebrities when they back a candidate.”
2. Britney Spears – People assumed pop sensation Britney Spears was backing Hillary Clinton for President after the singer posted a Instagram pic with Clinton using the hashtag #ImWithHer. After the hashtag was quickly deleted people were left wondering where the singer’s political alliance stood. Spears’ manager, Larry Rudolph, explained that although Spears relates to Clinton, “…she doesn’t believe entertainers should necessarily try to be political in the sense that she would endorse this person or that person.”
3. Mariah Carey – For the most part, Mariah Carey has never been vocal about her political views throughout her career. When Sky News asked about her Presidential choice, Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, she tried to dodge the question, but eventually complimented Clinton. It was apparent politics was not a topic Carey felt comfortable talking about. “…I’m just an entertainer. I’m not a political analyst,” she remarked.
4. Ivanka Trump – Although Ivanka Trump will soon be the First Daughter of the United States with her father, Donald Trump, leading the country, surprisingly, the entrepreneur stays away from talking about politics or sharing her views on various issues. Case in point, when the beautiful mom was asked by Harpers Bazaar if she was pro-choice Trump was quick to respond, “I don’t talk politics. I made that decision at the beginning of this campaign because I am not the candidate.”
5. Zoe Saldana – Actress Zoe Saldana may be outspoken when it comes to certain topics, but when it comes to politics she’s on the reserved side. When asked in 2015 who she planned to vote for the Avatar actress had this to say to Clutch, “I like to exercise my civilian right to be private. I’m going to vote, but I’m not a political person. I’m an artist. I’ve been really busy with motherhood and working, so, starting this November, I have a full year to do my work and my research…”