With the impending Presidential election approaching all eyes are focusing on the wide range of candidates vying for that coveted seat. Whether good or bad those eyes also tend to focus on the families. Below, these former First Daughters, who are also moms, know what it’s like to be in the White House spotlight.
1. Jenna Bush Hager – Jenna Bush Hager is the younger of the fraternal twin daughters of the 43rd U.S. President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush. Bush-Hager is married to Henry Chase Hager and together they have two children. Their first daughter, Margaret Laura “Mila,” was born in April 2013. Their second daughter, Poppy Louise, was born in August 2015. Hager and her sister Barbara were nineteen when their father entered the White House.
2. Chelsea Clinton – Chelsea Clinton is the only child of the 42nd U.S. President Bill Clinton and former U.S. Secretary of State and 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The former First Daughter and her husband, investment banker Marc Mezvinsky, have a daughter, Charlotte Clinton Mezvinsky born in 2014, and are expecting their second child this summer. Clinton was twelve when she first moved into the White House.
3. Dorothy Bush Koch – Dorothy Bush Koch is the daughter of the 41st President of the United States George H. W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, and the youngest sibling of George W. Bush, the 43rd President. Koch has four children, two with ex-husband William Heekin LeBlond: Samuel Bush (b. 1984) and Nancy Ellis (b. 1986); and two with current spouse Robert P. Koch: Robert David (b. 1993) and Georgia Grace (b. 1996). Koch was 29-years-old when her father entered the White House.
4. Maureen Reagan – Maureen Reagan was the first child of the 40th President of the United States, Ronald Reagan, and then-wife actress Jane Wyman. She and third husband Dennis C. Revell, had one daughter, Margaret “Rita” Mirembe Revell, who was born in Uganda. The Revells became Rita’s guardians in 1994. They adopted her in 2001. Reagan was 39-years-old when her father entered the White House in 1981. Sadly, she passed away at the age of 60 from melanoma.
5. Amy Carter – Amy Carter is the only daughter and youngest child of the 39th U.S. President Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn Carter. Carter and her husband, computer consultant James Gregory Wentzel, have one child together, Hugo James Wentzel (born July 29, 1999). Carter was nine when she first lived in the White House.
Leave a Reply