Love is in the air, especially with the Peanuts Gang! Every year, Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the Peanuts crew can be found on hundreds of different Valentine’s Day gifts, including cards, plush toys, books, candy and much more. This year, for the first time, Oriental Trading is offering an array of colorful Peanuts toys, party supplies, and crafts for Valentine’s Day and you could be that lucky person to win a great Valentine’s Day prize for your child!
Peanuts Valentine’s Day Fun Facts
- Over the years, Charles Schulz created dozens of Valentine’s Day-themed comic strips.
- Many of the strips revolve around Charlie Brown’s eagerness to receive Valentines…only to be disappointed, every. single. time.
- In several of the strips, Charlie Brown watches forlornly as Snoopy sits atop his doghouse reading his stacks of Valentines—while his own mailbox remains doggedly empty.
- At other times, Charlie Brown’s stomach is in knots as he focuses on getting a Valentine from the Little Red-Haired Girl or giving one to her, but he never quite manages to get up the nerve to approach her.
- In real life, the Little Red-Haired Girl was a co-worker of Schulz’ named Donna Johnson Wold.
- Most recently, the Little Red-Haired Girl took center stage in the critically acclaimed The Peanuts Movie, which debuted in November 2015. The film marks the first time the character, voiced by Francesca Capaldi of Disney’s Dog with a Blog, speaks.
Related: Our Interview with the Cast of The Peanuts Movie There are two primetime TV specials devoted to Valentine’s Day.
- The first one, Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown, is the 13th special based upon the popular comic strip. It originally aired on CBS on January 28, 1975 and now airs every year on ABC. In this special, the whole gang experiences holiday heartbreak: Lucy tries to get Schroeder to like her. Sally, thinking that Linus gave her a gift, tries to get him something great so that he will love her. Linus tries to tell his teacher, Miss Othmar, that he loves her. Charlie Brown desperately wants to receive a Valentine. In the end, everybody is disappointed. Charlie Brown is finally cheered up when he gets a used Valentine from Violet the next day, hoping that her pity Valentine will start a trend and he will get even more Valentines the following year.
- The second TV special, A Charlie Brown Valentine, is the 40th special. It was initially broadcast on February 14, 2002 on ABC (where it continues to air now). In this special, Charlie Brown attempts to win the heart of the Little Red-Haired Girl. After numerous failed efforts, he finally works up the courage to call her to ask her to the Valentine’s Day dance. But he dials the wrong number and reaches Peppermint Patty instead. At the party, Charlie Brown tries to dance with the Little Red-Haired Girl, but then realizes she is already dancing with Snoopy. At the end of the day, Charlie Brown is upset that he didn’t get to dance with the Little Red-Haired Girl, and didn’t even receive one valentine. Just then, Snoopy brings Charlie Brown a Valentine—but the special ends there, and it is not revealed who the Valentine is from!
The Valentine’s Package We’re Giving Away Includes:
- Oriental Trading’s treat box to color, plus crayons and stickers
- Snoopy and Woodstock Pez Candy
- Simon and Schuster’s Happy Valentine’s Day, Charlie Brown; A Charlie Brown Valentine DVD from Warner Home Entertainment
- Whitman’s chocolates featuring a Snoopy plush
- A Valentine card from Hallmark.
Enter Below for Your Chance to Win! a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Disclaimer: Although I did not receive monetary compensation for sharing this article I did receive a Peanuts Valentine Package for the sole purpose of this post. Tinseltown Mom is also the National Brand Ambassador for Peanut’s Worldwide.*
Entered! Thank you 🙂
Ellen Banister says
My daughter would love this for valentines day, with love from mummy and daddy. X
Kim thisolemom says
Tirralan! I have been wondering where you have been. I haven’t seen you in the group lately. I missed you!! lol Great giveaway, thank you for a chance to win a great prize. My little one loves Charlie Brown and his friends!!!
This is the cutest. Peanuts never gets old!!
All the best for your giveaway!
Katarina Goczova says
Peanuts very famous prize and I would love to win it!
So cute! Love the giveaway!! Entered 🙂