Studies have shown that pornography can have devastating effects on people’s lives, leading to infidelity, lewd behavior, sexual exploitation, molestation, plus other negative outcomes.
Sadly, the lure of porn oftentimes begins at a young age for a lot of adults. These famous parents have been affected by porn’s devastating effects at some point in their lives.
1. Terry Crews – The actor revealed on a Facebook Live video that he was addicted to porn and kept this “secret” for years. He said it really “messed up” his life, watching porn morning until night. He said he had to go to rehab for it, and “by not telling people, it becomes more powerful…” however he chose to tell the world so it could lose its power. The actor said that pornography changes the way you view people, seeing people as objects instead of people who need to be loved. He said that he’s been free from porn for 6-7 years now.
2. Kanye West – The rapper recently revealed that he’s suffering from porn addiction and the negative effects. The father of four said his addiction began when he found a Playboy magazine at the age of five and that was his gateway into porn. West also admitted that he has a sex addiction, which came after the death of his mother. He explained, “Now that I’m in service to Christ, my job is to spread the gospel, to let people know what Jesus has done for me… I’ve spread a lot of things. There was a time I was letting you know what high fashion had done for me, I was letting you know what the Hennessey had done for me, but now I’m letting you know what Jesus has done for me, and in that I’m no longer a slave, I’m a son now, a son of God. I’m free…”
3. Jada Pinkett-Smith – The Red Table Talk host spoke about a porn addiction on her show. “Back in the day I had a little porn addiction,” she revealed. “I wasn’t in a relationship when I had a porn addiction, believe it or not, thank goodness… …It really gives you false expectations, as far as sexual interactions. I can definitely see how a woman should always have to be willing and ready, there’s never a no… that can create an unrealistic expectation…”
4. Josh Duggar – Reality star Josh Duggar admitted to a porn addiction after it was discovered he was cheating on his wife through Ashley Madison, a social-networking site that facilitates extramarital affairs. On the family’s blog, Duggar admitted, “I have been the biggest hypocrite ever. While espousing faith and family values, I have secretly over the last several years been viewing pornography on the internet and this became a secret addiction and I became unfaithful to my wife.” Prior to that confession, it was publicized that the reality star had sexually molested four of his sisters and a babysitter when he was a teenager.
Related: Porn-Proofing Our Kids Part 1 – Kristen Jenson Shares Ways to Arm Kids Against Pornography
5. Kirk Franklin – In an interview with Oprah Winfrey gospel artist Kirk Franklin said he became addicted to porn at just 8 years old. “Growing up, everybody’s got a friend that’s got that big brother that has the stash [of pornographic magazines or videotapes] under the bed,” he said. “From my first look, I was hooked.” The singer said that the pornography affected him differently from most boys because it filled a void left by a broken home. The gospel singer said he’s worked hard to overcome his addiction. People in his church community helped him find fulfillment in his music and faith and he eventually started to see himself the way God saw him.
6. Lamar Odom – Former NBA player Lamar Odom talked openly about his addiction, saying “For many years I struggled with watching porn. I shared in several interviews that I would get fined in the NBA for being late. I’d rather watch the last scene then stop and get to practice or get to the bus. I didn’t know it was an addiction because that’s something that’s not talked about in our community…”
My brain wont heal,it screws dopamine marriages relationships jobs etc.David ley needs to stop he was reported to the psy ethiCs board