Parenting is never easy, and when you have a blended family those parental responsibilities can become increasingly challenging. Whether you’re bringing in stepchildren, half-children, adopted children or biological children, melding a family unit takes hard work.
Today, we’re highlighting some of Tinseltown’s biggest integrated families. From the least amount of kids, to the biggest Hollywood broods, these 16 famous families seem to have a pretty good handle on what blending a family structure is all about.
1. Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith – Before Will Smith married Jada Pinkett, he was married to Sherre Fletcher for two years, and together they had one son, Trey. Early on in Jada and Will’s marriage, the actress wrote a long exposé about blended families and her desire to make hers work. “My blended family made me a giant… Taught me so much about love, commitment and it has been the biggest ego death to date. It’s time you let your blended family make you the giant you truly are.” Ten years later, with a total of three kids, she’s managed to keep her beautiful blended family intact.
2. Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen – Brady had a son, John Edward Thomas Moynahan, with former girlfriend, and actress, Bridgett Moynahan. A few years later, the NFL star married Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen. Together, the couple have two children: son, Benjamin Rein Brady and daughter, Vivian Lake Brady, for a total of three kids.
3. Nancy O’Dell – When the Entertainment Tonight co-host married Keith Zubchevich, an executive for Conviva Networks, she became stepmother to his two sons, Tyler and Carson, and the couple gave birth to a daughter, Ashby Grace, bringing their kid-count to three.
4. Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth – Witherspoon was married to actor Ryan Phillippe for seven years and they had two children, a daughter, Ava Elizabeth Phillippe, and a son, Deacon Reese Phillippe. She married talent agent, Jim Toth, in 2011 and they had a son, Tennessee James Toth, for a final count of three kids.
5. Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas – Actor, Michael Douglas, had one son, Cameron, with ex-wife Diandra Luker, before he married Welsh actress, Catherine Zeta-Jones. The Hollywood couple have two children together, son, Dylan, and daughter, Carys, for a total of three.
6. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban – When Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise were married they adopted two children, Connor and Isabella. After they divorced, Kidman married Keith Urban, and had two more kids, Sunday Rose and Faith Margaret, for a total of four little ones.
7. Terry and Rebecca Crews – Terry and Rebecca have been together for 25 years, and they have three daughters (Azriel, Tera, and Wynfrey) and one son (Isaiah). Rebecca also has a daughter Naomi Burton, from a previous relationship. Their grand total, five.
8. Valerie Bertinelli and Tom Vitale – When Bertinelli wed businessman, Tom Vitale she gained four step-children, ranging in age from 11 to 19, while Vitale become stepfather to Wolfie, 19, Bertinelli’s son from her marriage to rocker, Eddie Van Halen. Together they have five kids.
9. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt – Before Jolie met Pitt she was already mom to adopted son, Maddox. After the power couple got together Pitt adopted Maddox, and the two went on to adopt two more children, Zahara and Pax, and had three biological kids, Shiloh, Vivienne, and Knox. All together the famous duo have six kids.
10. T.I. and Tameka “Tiny”Cottle – T.I. and wife, former Xscape member Tameka “Tiny” Cottle have two sons: Clifford “King” Joseph Harris III, and Major Philant Harris. T.I also has 2 sons by Lashon Dixon: Messiah Ya’ Majesty Harris, and Domani Uriah Harris. In addition, the rapper has a daughter, Deyjah Imani Harris, with his ex, R&B singer Ms. Niko, while Cottle has a daughter, Zonnique Jailee Pullins, from a previous relationship, for a grand total of six kids.11. Steve Harvey and Marjorie Bridges – Funnyman Steve Harvey had four children before he and Marjorie wed. He had three children with his first wife Marcia, twin girls Karli and Brandi, and son Steven, Jr.; With his second wife, Mary Shackelford, he had one son named Wynton. Bridges had three children from a previous marriage. Between the two of them, they have seven kids.
12. Kevin Costner and Christine Baumgartner – Costner had three kids with ex-wife Cindy Silva, Anne, Lily and Joe. The star also had a son, Liam, with former girlfriend Bridget Rooney in 1996. After Costner married Baumgartner in 2004 they had three more children, Cayden, Hayes and Grace. That’s a total of seven kids.
13. Kate Capshaw and Steven Spielberg – Director, Steven Spielberg and actress, Kate Capshaw met when she was cast in his 1984 film “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.” When they got married in 1991, Spielberg already had one son, Max, with his ex-wife Amy Irving. Capshaw had a daughter, Jessica, from her previous marriage to Robert Capshaw. She also had an adopted son, Theo, whom Spielberg later adopted. Together, they had three more biological kids, Sasha, Sawyer, Destry and an adopted daughter, Mikaela. There are seven children in the Spielberg-Capshaw family
14. Joseph and Justine Simmons – Joseph, also known as Rev. Run had three children, Vanessa Simmons, Angela Simmons, and Joseph “Jojo” Simmons Jr. from a previous marriage. He married Justine and had three more kids, Daniel “Diggy” Simmons III, Russell “Russy” Simmons II, and Victoria Anne Simmons. Victoria was four pounds, five ounces when she was delivered via caesarean section, and died shortly after being born, due to a birth defect. They also adopted a baby girl, Miley Justine Simmons, for a total of seven children.
15. Marie Osmond and Stephen Craig – Osmond remarried her first husband, Stephen Craig, in 2011, almost 30 years after they initially walked down the aisle. Their first marriage produced one son, Stephen, who was born in 1983. After they divorced, she married music producer, Brian Blosil and had two biological children (Rachael and Matthew) and five adopted children (Jessica, Michael, Brandon, Brianna and Abigail) with him. The pair split in 2007. Osmond’s family produced eight children although sadly, her son Michael committed suicide in 2010.
16. Kris & Bruce Jenner – One of the most talked about blended families in the history of television is the Kardashian/Jenner clan. When Kris and Bruce Jenner walked down the aisle, they each had four children from previous marriages. Mama Kris had Kourtney, Kim, Khloe and Robert from her marriage to the late, Robert Kardashian and Jenner had two little ones, son, Burt and daughter, Casey with his first wife Chrystie Crownover and two sons, Brandon and Brody, from his marriage to Linda Thompson.
The reality show couple later had two more children, daughters, Kendall and Kylie. That’s a grand total of ten kids! Now, if only we can get them all in one big group photo.