We’re continuing our series on Hollywood moms looking fabulous in swimsuits, beginning with the Golden Age of the 50s until today. We’ve now entered the exciting era of the 70s. Check out these bathing-suit beauties below.
1. Lynda Carter – Lynda Carter began her career in beauty pageants, winning Miss World USA in 1972 and as a semi-finalist in the 1972 World Pageant. Most will remember Carter as the star of the TV series Wonder Woman, which lasted from 1975 to 1979. Below, the dark-haired beauty is wearing a modest bathing suit during her time spent at the Miss World competition.
2. Bern Nadette Stanis – Bern Nadette Stanis played the role of Thelma Evans on the CBS sitcom Good Times from 1974 to 1979. When Stanis was on the small screen in the 70’s, showing off her incredible fashion sense, while flaunting her shapely figure, the New York native solidified her status as a fashion icon and sex symbol. Below, the mom of two, and former dancer, is sporting her signature shape in a classic two-piece bathing suit.
3. Farrah Fawcett – Farrah Fawcett was a budding actress when in 1976 her big break came. She had a photo shoot with photographer Bruce McBroom, who was hired by a poster company to take pictures of the then 29-year-old. Fawcett styled her own hair and did her own makeup, and she was requested to wear a bikini but didn’t have one so she found a red one-piece. The results, the iconic poster that not only made her a household name but sold a record-breaking 20 million copies.
4. Catherine Bach – Catherine Bach played the role of Daisy Duke from 1979-1986 on the CBS comedy-drama The Dukes of Hazzard. Regarding her outfits, the producers’ suggested that Bach go and see what the girls were wearing in the restaurant across the street; however Bach ended up making many of Daisy’s costumes herself, especially the early ones, including the red bikini in the first episode, seen during the show’s opening credits, and below.
5. Suzanne Somers – Suzanne Somers became an instant sex symbol when she landed the role of Chrissy Snow on the hit show, Three’s Company. Below, Somers looks classy in a one-piece blue suit. Although 40 years later the actress told Fox News that she’s happy with her aging process. “I like the way I look, I like the way I’m aging… We can age differently now. It’s a very sexy time of life. I don’t look at young people with any kind of envy. …being a sex symbol has a short shelf life so you better not make your whole identity based on your looks…”