If you live in Southern Califirona or plan to travel to La La land this Summer, then you’re in for a treat because Soleil Moon Frye is sharing her Summer Guide to fun places to visit in Los Angeles.
1. Arclight Cinemas, Hollywood – Our whole family loves going to the movies, and a night at The Arclight Hollywood is a great family date. The Cinerama Dome brings back so many memories from my own childhood. It’s one of my happy places.
2. Bike Riding between Santa Monica and Venice – A family bike ride along the beach is one of our favorite things to do together.
3. Griffith Park and Observatory – Griffith Park is a great family spot. Our kids love the trains and ponies. The famous Observatory (located on the other side of the park) is terrific as well. What kid doesn’t love telescopes, planets, shooting stars, and amazing views of Los Angeles below?! The park itself offers all-day entertainment, giving families the space to BBQ, hike, and play outdoors.
4. Disneyland – Disneyland is one of our all-time favorite spots! We try to take an annual trip around one of the kids’ birthdays. It’s always a special treat and I love it as much as the kids do.
5. Target, West Hollywood – Over the Summer, we always find ourselves at Target! They have everything we need for the beach or a day at the park, and most recently we stocked up on goodies for children in Haiti that I delivered when I traveled there with J/P HRO. I could spend hours in the aisles…and I do.
6. Joan’s On Third – Joan’s On Third is a local classic. The cafe is a great stop before any picnic! Everything tastes great.
7. La Brea Tar Pits – My kids love visiting the tar pits. We can roll down the grassy hills for hours, and we love to practice bike riding and cartwheels here.
8. Hollywood Blvd. – Even though we live in LA, it’s easy to forget that the city is full of wonderful landmarks and taking the time to do a “touristy” activity makes for hours of fun.
9. Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles – The food here is amazing. It’s one of our favorite places. Definite crowd pleaser!
10. Baby2Baby – Baby2Baby is a charity that is very close to my family’s heart. Over the summer, we like to find things together to donate to families in need. We also love participating in their family events. Its a great way to teach giving back at an early age.
11. Jenni Kayne, West Hollywood – If I ever get some grown-up time, I love visiting my very good friend’s store. She has the best clothing and I just found an adorable summer hat there!