We have to give it up for best-selling cookbook author, Jessica Seinfeld, for her originality in the kitchen. Like most moms, we’re always looking for quick and healthy breakfast alternatives in prepping for the start of a good day, and Seinfeld’s Broiled Grapefruit recipe is not only nutritious, but easy to make and delicious. I wonder if she whips this up for her funnyman hubby, Jerry.
Photo Credit: Jessica Seinfeld/Instagram
Broiled Grapefruit with Almonds and Honey
- Heat the broiler with the oven rack about 4 inches from the top.
- On your cutting board, thinly slice off both ends of the grapefruit, then cut it in half.
- With each half resting evenly, use the tip of a paring knife to slice around each section to make for easy eating.
- Place on a rimmed sheet pan, sprinkle with sliced almonds, and drizzle with honey.
- Broil a few minutes until almonds are golden brown.