When it comes to conception, people need not doubt the woman desiring to bear a child, for that desire is no respecter of person, or age. Unfortunately, it’s fertility that has the prejudice against older women, and perhaps for good reason in many cases, but thankfully there are moms out there who have beaten the odds and have even given Father Time a run for his money.
*This post contains affiliate links; we may net a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking a link, at no cost to you. Read our Disclosure Policy HERE*
1. Janet Jackson – In 2017, Janet Jackson delivered a healthy baby boy, Eissa Al Mana, with her former husband Wissam Al Mana at 50-years-old.
2. Sophie B. Hawkins – In 2015, Sophie B. Hawkins was already a mom to her 6-year-old son, but at 50, she became pregnant with her second child, a girl this time, after being implanted with her own frozen embryo.
Available at Amazon: “What to Expect When You’re Expecting,” a helpful resource that answers all your questions about every phase of pregnancy.
3. Elizabeth Edwards – Elizabeth Edwards, the late wife of former US Senator John Edwards had her daughter at 48 and her son at the exquisite age of 50.
4. Helen Morris – Helen Morris, book editor and wife of film director Martin Scorsese, conceived their daughter Francesca in 1999 at the jaw-dropping age of 52.
5. Brigitte Nielsen – At 54 years old, actress Brigitte Nielsen delivered her fifth child, a baby girl. She shared her happiness with TODAY, “My pregnancy was so for me. Still, I thought, ‘Wow, at 54 you can expect to never get back to normal.’ But after I gave birth, I was back to feeling completely myself again after two and a half weeks.”
Available at Amazon: A variety of tools to help you, or a loved one, along your pregnancy journey.