While most people plan for their retirement when entering into their golden years, some prepare for parenthood, and no matter when a new bundle of joy enters this world it is a blessing at any age. These Hollywood dads became dads much later in life.
1. Simon Cowell – Simon Cowell became a first-time dad at the age of 53, and revealed he was reduced to tears when he laid eyes on his baby boy for the first time. He immediately fell in love with him just seconds after he was born.
2. Al Pacino – Al Pacino was almost 50 when he became a father in 1989 to his daughter, Julie Marie Pacino, with acting teacher, Jan Tarrant. And, while that tidbit of information may sound amazing, the Academy Award winning actor was an incredible 61 when he had his second and third child with actress, Beverly D’Angelo in 2001.
3. Warren Beatty – Although the former ladies man had plenty of female companions throughout his life, it was when Warren Beatty settled down and married actress, Annette Bening that he finally became a dad for the first time at age 55. Together, the dynamic acting duo have 4 children.
4. Cary Grant – Cary Grant was married a total of five times, but it wasn’t until the marriage to his fourth wife, actress Dyan Cannon, that he joined our first-time father list, at the mind-blowing age of 62. Grant and Cannon’s matrimony lasted only two years, but the relationship kept Grant’s legacy alive by producing his one and only heir, daughter Jennifer Grant, who wrote a memoir in honor of her dad.
5. Steve Martin – This multifaceted actor, author, musician, and producer is one of the reigning kings of comedy and impressively, he is also a 67-year-old first-time father with wife, Anne Stringfield. The details surrounding baby Martin’s arrival have been kept intensely private, but the world still celebrated with the unanticipated birth announcement.
6. Tony Randall – Probably best known for playing Felix Unger in the television hit, The Odd Couple, shockingly, the late, Mr. Randall became a first-time parent at the jaw-dropping age of 77. He never had children with his first wife of 50 years, Florence Gibbs, who died of cancer, but made the leap into parenthood with his second wife, Heather Harlan, who is 50 years younger.
7. Hugh Grant – In 2011, Knotting Hill actor, Hugh Grant, became a dad for the first time at the age of 51.
8. Elton John – Best-selling music artist, Elton John, was 63 when he entered fatherhood in 2010. His oldest child was born via surrogacy
Leave a Reply