Supermodel, Gisele Bündchen posted an Instagram shot of her delicious-looking lunch and it made our mouths water with delight. And the best part, her visionary masterpiece was filled with rich, quality foods. The mom-of-two shared the details through hash-tags, “#kale #beet #broccoli #quinoa #avocado #sweetpotatoes #cherrytomatos.”
We agree; this meal looks amazing, but wait until you read about the nourishing goodness packed on this plate.
Photo Credit: Gisele Bündchen/Instagram
Gisele’s Vegetable Plate:
1. Kale – This superfood is not only high in fiber, but rich in iron. And, a serving of this dark green has more potassium than one banana.
RELATED: 5 Benefits of Eating Kale
2. Beet – Beets are vegetables that can cleanse the body. It acts as a purifier for the blood and prevents some forms of cancer.
3. Broccoli – Broccoli is an edible green plant that is loaded with fiber. Additionally, it contains phyto-nutrients, compounds which lower the risk of developing diabetes, and heart disease.
4. Quinoa – This super grain is one of the most protein-rich foods around. It’s also fiber-rich and contains lysine, which is essential for tissue growth and repair.
5. Avocado – Avocado is actually a fruit and considered one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Some benefits: it helps control blood pressure; promotes eye health; contains anti-aging properties, and aids in lowering cholesterol.
6. Sweet Potatoes – This yummy veggie contains vitamin D, which is critical for our immune system. It’s also packed with vitamin C, which wards off colds and flus.
7. Cherry Tomatoes – This is a mini version of beefsteak tomatoes and contains B-6 vitamins, another nutrient that is good for our immune system; and vitamin A, which is good for our eyes.
Wow, that’s one wholesome lunch. We wonder what the super-mommy’s dinner looks like.