The world’s most popular magazine and celebrity brand, PEOPLE, came to life this week as it had its first ever People Magazine Awards, hosted by Nick Cannon. And, since the mag reaches over 59 million consumers every week it was no surprise that there was a host of celebrities on hand to partake in the inaugural show. Among the performers and winners were 5 Tinseltown Moms worthy of mention.
1. Jennifer Lopez – Jennifer Lopez won the Triple Threat Award for her work as an actor, producer and singer.
2. Gwen Stefani – After winning the Style Icon Award Gwen Stefani took the stage to perform her new single Spark the Fire.
3. Melissa Rivers – TV personality Melissa Rivers appeared for an “In Memoriam” segment honoring celebrities who died in 2014, such as her mother, Joan Rivers, Robin Williams, Jan Hooks and Mike Nichols.
4. Lisa Kudrow – Lisa Kudrow’s reprisal of the character she played almost ten years ago on the HBO hit The Comeback won her the TV Performance of the Year Actress Award.
5. Kate Hudson – Last, but not least, actress Kate Hudson was honored with the Role Model Award. Hudson paid homage to her mom, Goldie Hawn, as being her role model.