Molly Sims proves that she’s a hands-on mom! The model-mommy shared a sensory play activity on her website that she and her 2-year-old son, Brooks, did together and we’re giving the highlights from their fun project.
Sensory play is any activity that stimulates your child’s senses (touch, smell, sight and hearing). As Sims stated, exposing your child to sensory play engages the senses and helps them grow physically, cognitively, linguistically, creatively, socially and emotionally. The 41-year-old is taping into the sense of touch with their Gak project.
How to Make Gak
- 1 cup (8oz) of white liquid glue
- ½ to ¾ cup of liquid starch (depending on how thick you want Gak)
- 4-6 drops food coloring
- Place the glue in a glass bowl and add the liquid starch.
- Stir the mixture together. It will initially come together similar to melted cheese.
- Keep stirring to mix both items together completely.
- Once you have your desired texture add the food coloring and mix throughout.
Photo Credit: Molly Sims/Twitter