Most of us know that exercise is a key ingredient to good health, however that doesn’t make it easy to do. Like most busy moms time, energy and motivation all weigh in to our decision to fit in a workout. Molly Sims offers five tips to get you in the exercise mood, taken from her book, The Everyday Supermodel. Take a look at her helpful hints.
1. Prepare What You Wear: Kinda like you are in grade school! Lay out your workout clothes in advance. The shoes, the socks, the leg warmers, the iPod. It should all be there within reach so when you wake up in the morning, it’s the first thing you see and you can stumble into it without thinking.
2. Give Me Ten: Tell Yourself: I’m just going to walk the block for ten minutes. Get going and inevitably…you will keep going. It’s getting started that is the hardest part. After a few minutes, your heart is pumpin’ and the endorphins have kicked in, you’ll feel so bloody good, you’ll want more.
3. Plan In Advance: Sign up for classes online. If it’s already on the schedule and in the calendar, working out is much harder to skip out on.
4. Phone A Friend: Exercise buddies and activity partners hold you accountable. So when Fergie sends you a text saying, “I am soooo excited for Zumba tonight, gurrrrl!” you will not want to let her down.
5. Blackmail Your Bod: Give yourself realistic goals and a treat for meeting them. Such as: This week I will work out four days out of seven. And when you do that, treat yourself to something special.
6. Lazy-cises List: Have a go-to list of things you can do when you just don’t want to do anything or when time is limited.