Salads come in all varieties so when we find a bountiful bowl of assorted veggies we can’t wait to try it out. One of our favorite celebrity moms, Molly Sims, shared a recipe for her Brussels Sprout and Apple Salad. Take a look at the beautiful meal below.
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 large crisp and sweet apples (like Gala, Fuji, Envy or Pacific Rose)
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 15 large Brussels sprouts (approximately 3 cups rough chopped)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Slice bottom off Brussels sprouts and then rough chop into thin slaw looking pieces.
- Place Brussels sprouts in large salad bowl.
- Core and dice apples leaving the skin on.
- Place apples in a shallow dish and toss with lemon juice.
- Set apples aside.
- Chop cherries and place in salad bowl along with thinly sliced radishes.
- Add apples and salad dressing (recipe below) to salad and toss just before serving.
Ingredients for Blue Honey Vinaigrette
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¾ Cup blue cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- Whisk together everything except for the grapeseed oil.
- Whisk ingredients until all items are incorporated and the blue cheese is broken up.
- Slowly add oil last into your mixture.