Pregnant and all Molly Sims is still baking away! And, what better time of year to make yummy treats than during the holidays? Sims shared her yummy recipe for banana bread and the delicious details are below.
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- No need for a mixer for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last, mix.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.