Leave it to cooking enthusiast Jessica Seinfeld to bless us with a flavorful chicken meal that’s simple to make. Take a look at her recipe for Moroccan-Spiced Roasted Chicken Legs and prepare to be amazed.
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons e.v. olive oil
- 4 whole chicken legs (about 2½ pounds)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 425°F.
- Measure and add all of the dried spices and salt to a large bowl. Chop the garlic and add. Measure and stir in the oil.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Add to the bowl and toss to evenly coat the chicken in the marinade. If you have the time, let the chicken marinate (in the refrigerator) for 30 minutes or overnight (if you really have the time!).
- Place the chicken on a rimmed sheet pan and roast until cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes (you can cut into the thickest part of the leg to make sure it’s no longer pink). Serve with the lemon wedges.
Photo Credit: Jessica Seinfeld/Instagram