Jessica Seinfeld sure knows her way around the kitchen and this time she’s got a pasta dish that looks amazing. We love when she shares her favorite delights. Check out the recipe for her Asparagus and Lemon Linguine below. You can find more of her dishes at doitdelicious.com.
1 pound asparagus
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
1 pound linguine
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a large pot with water (to about 1 inch from the top). Place on the stove, turn the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Place a colander in the sink.
- Meanwhile, wash the asparagus then break off the tough ends (1 to 2 inches) and discard. Thinly slice the asparagus crosswise but leave the tips whole.
- Grate the Parmesan.
- Wash the lemon and grate the zest.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta.
- Set the timer for 2 minutes less than the package directions call for. When the timer goes off, scoop out 3/4 cup of the pasta water (set aside) then add the asparagus to the pasta and cook 2 minutes until the asparagus is tender and the pasta is al dente.
- Drain everything into the colander.
- Return the pot to the stove and lower the heat to medium.
- Add the reserved pasta water and let come to a boil. Add the butter. Once it melts, add the pasta and asparagus, grated Parmesan and lemon zest, salt, and pepper (24 turns on pepper mill).
- Turn off heat. Stir until melted and creamy.