Thanksgiving will be here in no time at all so now is the time to prepare those delicious holiday recipes. To give you a head start, we’re sharing Haylie Duff’s famous Turkey Pie recipe. The Real Girl’s Kitchen host says every turkey pie is different so feel free to add or skip anything you don’t like.
- 1 roasted turkey from the grocery store
- 1 Premade pie crust…I went with Marie Callendar’s.
- 1/2 -1 can of cream of mushroom soup … I went with the low sodium
- 1/2 cup of frozen organic peas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrot
- 1-2 chopped and seeded jalapeños
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Pull all the turkey off the bone and remove skin. Chop turkey.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey and remaining ingredients.
- Press in to the pie crust. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
*You can also top with some shredded cheddar cheese, crispy onions, almonds or even crumbled potato chips!*