According to Haylie Duff, one tip for extending the life of a banana is to make something delicious with it while it’s extra ripe! That “something delicious” happens to be an old-time classic treat, banana bread. Check out the details for her recipe.
What you need:
- 4 or 5 ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks of butter, room temp and soft (1 cup)
- 5 eggs
- 6 T buttermilk or regular milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and mash till mostly smooth.
- Message from Haylie, “I don’t like lumps in my bread so I like to pull the mixture in my vitamix about 7 times, just to create a smooth batter. DO NOT OVER BLEND!”
- Pour mixture into loaf pans and bake for 50-60 mins or until the center is firm.