Former volleyball pro Gabby Reece is a staunch advocate for health and wellness and regularly provides fitness and nutritional guidance. On her website, the healthy mom shared six tips to getting fit, and all the details are below.
1) Eat 4 to 5 Time a Day in Small Portions – Keep your metabolism “revved up” and avoid overeating by keeping yourself satisfied with nutritious meals throughout the day in smaller portions
2) Eat “Living Food” – Gabby (and just about anyone with any nutritional knowledge) advises against processed foods and fast food. Check out Gabby’s favorite recipes for family-favorite meal choices that are nutritious AND delicious.
3) Try to Swap Water in Place of Soda – Gabby is all about staying hydrated and she credits her love affair with H20 as her source for glowing skin. If you’re in need of compelling evidence for putting down soda, look no further.
4) Give The Booze a Break – It’s normal to want to unwind after a long day with a glass of wine or your favorite cocktail but Gabby advises you to watch the alcohol intake. It of course can spell big trouble for your waistline (hello excess calories) but can further lead to lethargy and a slew of other health problems.
5) Give Yourself Wiggle Room – Gabby isn’t all work, all the time. She advises on working out and eating right five to six days a week and then giving yourself a break. Rest and recovery is an important part of muscle-building and allowing yourself a day a week to enjoy a little bit of the good stuff can keep you on track for the long haul.
6) Add Variety – As Gabby once shared with me, “variety is the spice of life.” Variety can also be the key to your best body yet. Vary your workout routine to stay motivated — the same routine in the gym every week will only get you so far. Vary your diet as well. Add colorful, seasonal produce to your plate for a myriad of nutritional benefits. Put simply, changing it up can be the secret to keeping you on track.