As moms, we often complain about not being able to find time for ourselves, especially when it comes to working out. Celebrity mothers are not immune to this challenge, however these six Hollywood moms view exercise as a meaningful and essential part of their lifestyle and make fitness a priority.
1. Fergie (age 40) – The Black Eyed Peas singer maintains her athletic figure by eating healthy and regular exercise. “I like to mix it up,” Fergie told Extra TV. For the performer that includes the treadmill, hiking, jogging, jump-roping, cardio resistance-training and dancing.
2. Brooke Burke (age 43) – On her Modern Mom blog Burke revealed, “Fitness is about understanding how to work out for YOUR body and maximizing every moment that you devote to yourself… I feel like I’m in better shape in my 40’s than I was in my 20’s…” It’s no wonder the mom of four has starred in four fitness videos.
3. Jada Pinkett Smith (age 43) – She may only be 5’0″ but petite mom, Jada Pinkett Smith, is a powerhouse when it comes to her fitness and says push-ups are her favorite arm exercise. On her Facebook page Smith encourages women to “Do some kind of physical activity every day or every other day. Do what you love with a lot of determination to reach your personal physical goals. Remember, beauty is all about how you feel about YOU, no matter color, shape or size.”
4. Jennifer Lopez (age 45) – When Lopez was on The Today Show last fall she revealed some of her secrets to staying healthy and admitted that although working out was not her favorite thing to do it’s a necessity, and something that she incorporated into her lifestyle. She goes on. “I love circuit training… I do 20-30 minutes of cardio. And I’ll do muscle work, with little weights. Nothing crazy, I’m not a bodybuilder. I’m just trying to stay toned and keep my muscles there…”
5. Gabrielle (Gabby) Reece (age 45) – Former professional volleyball champ, Gabby Reece is a fitness expert who inspires people to live healthier lives. The 6’3″ health and wellness advocate recently launched her group fitness program HIGHX, a 50-minute, high-intensity class where you rotate through training circuits using props like kettlebells, dumbbells, and plyo boxes. The statuesque mom also regularly provides fitness and nutrition guidance on her website GabrielleReece.com.
6. Nicole Murphy (age 47) – Hollywood Exes star and former wife of Eddie Murphy works hard to defy the aging process. The former model is a workout fiend and her body proves that to be true. Murphy stays fit by eating a clean, low carb diet and regular “strenuous” workouts that include lunges, three kinds of ab workouts, free weights, Tae Bo, and sprint intervals. It’s nice to see that after having five kids it’s still possible to have six-pack Abs!