New mom Danielle Jonas, wife of heartthrob and Jonas Brothers singer, Kevin Jonas, had our mouths watering with this savory Pan-Roasted Chicken meal that she made via the recipe from Blue Apron. We’re sharing all the pertinent information below.
- 2 Airline Chicken Breasts
- 4 Ounces Black Grapes
- 1 Fennel Bulb With Fronds
- 1 Lemon
- 10 Ounces Purple Top Turnip
- 1 Red Onion
- ½ Pound Sunchokes
- 1 Bunch Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Saba
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Halve the grapes lengthwise.
- Pick a few fennel fronds off the stems; mince the fronds.
- Separate the fennel stems and bulb; discard the stems. Halve the fennel bulb lengthwise.
- Remove and discard the core; large dice the bulb.
- Using a peeler, remove the rind of the lemon, avoiding the pith; mince the rind to get 2 teaspoons of zest.
- Quarter the lemon and remove the seeds. Cut off and discard the ends of the turnip; peel and small dice the turnip.
- Peel and slice the onion into thin wedges. Small dice the sunchokes.
- Pick the rosemary leaves off the stems; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves.
Directions for Roasted Vegetables
- Place the fennel bulb, diced turnip, onion, sunchokes and rosemary on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to thoroughly coat.
- Arrange in a single, even layer and roast 26 to 28 minutes, or until browned and tender. Remove from the oven.
- Squeeze the juice of all 4 lemon wedges onto the roasted vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; toss to thoroughly coat.
Directions for Chicken
- While the vegetables roast, season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a medium pan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium until hot.
- Add the seasoned chicken, skin side down first.
- Cook, loosely covering the pan with aluminum foil, 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the skin is browned and the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate, leaving any browned bits (or fond) in the pan. Loosely cover the chicken with aluminum foil.
Directions for Saba Grape Sauce
- Heat the pan of reserved fond on medium until hot.
- Add the grapes, lemon zest, saba and ¼ cup of water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced and the grapes have softened.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the butter; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Divide the roasted vegetables between 2 plates. Top each with a piece of chicken and a few spoonfuls of the saba-grape sauce. Garnish with the fennel fronds. Enjoy!