Ayesha Curry has plenty of recipes that we love. This is an oldie, but a goodie, but she shares a recipe from her childhood using her favorite ingredient, brown sugar! See the details below.
- 4 Chicken Quarters
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped shallots
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup chicken stock/broth
- 1 cup low sodium soy
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp freshly chopped ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a dutch pot on med high to high heat with your butter and olive oil.
- Generously salt and pepper your chicken quarters.
- Brown the skin of your chicken in the pot for about 2 mins on each side until it’s crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the chicken quarters and reduce the heat to medium. Add in the shallots and garlic.
- Deglaze the pot with the chicken stock.
- Scrape down all of the sides to make sure you get all of the delicious seasonings and flavors into the broth.
- Add in the soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger.
- Simmer the sauce for about 5-10 mins.
- Add the chicken quarters back into the pot, place the lid on and bake for 45min to an hour.
- The chicken will be flavorful and falling off the bone.