Bethenny Frankel is at it again with her delicious, quick and easy recipes. This time, the foodie shared the ingredients to her Grilled Flatbread Pizza with Roasted Garlic, Ricotta Cheese, Fresh Tomatoes and Basil on her website. Check out the details below!
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 store bought whole-wheat flatbread (naan or lavash)
- 1 (8 oz.) container part skim or low fat ricotta cheese, drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Take an entire head of garlic and cut off the tip of the head, exposing the cloves.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, place the garlic in a baking dish or wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven until very soft and tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour (the roasted garlic cloves can be easily squeezed from their skins.)
- Spread half the head of garlic onto the flatbread with a knife (save the other half for later use, or if you enjoy the taste of garlic, use it all.)
- Spread 1 side of the flatbread with the ricotta, salt and pepper, scatter the tomatoes, and garnish with fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4-6 Servings