Chicken Pot Pie is a comfort food that most of us will never tire of eating. Bethenny Frankel shared her version of this hearty meal and we’ve got the details below.
– 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
– 2 cups mixed frozen peas and carrots
– 1/2 cup chopped celery
– 1/3 cup chopped onion
– 1 1/3 cups chicken broth, divided
– 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
– 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
– 2/3 cup oat flour
– 1/3 cup soy milk
– 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
– Pre-made double piecrust
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a nonstick saucepan, combine the chicken, mixed veggies, celery, and onion. Add 1 cup of the chicken broth and cook over medium heat until the frozen vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Taste and season with half the garlic salt and half the pepper.
2. In a separate saucepan over low heat, combine oat flour and the remaining chicken broth and whisk it together until it thickens. Add the soy milk and whisk that in until it is smooth. Cook until the mixture begins to turn the color of peanut butter, about 5 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and the remaining salt and pepper, then add this sauce to the chicken and vegetable mixture. Stir everything together until the sauce is well incorporated into the chicken and vegetables.
3. Put the bottom pastry crust in a pie pan. Pour in the chicken and vegetable mixture, then cover with the other pastry crust, pressing down the edges. Trim the edges so that they don’t hang over the pie place edge or they will burn. Make a few slits in the top for steam to escape.
4. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the top crust is golden brown. Keep an eye on it as it bakes. If the edges are browning too quickly, put strips of foil over them. When the pie is done, let it stand for at least 20 minutes so that it can set. Cut into wedges and serve with a salad.