When Ali Larter was on the Today Show she made and shared her recipe for her quick and simple Buffalo Chicken Sliders, a meal that takes less than 30 minutes to make, and the perfect finger-food for the family!
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup hot sauce (we used Louisiana)
- A few splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 sourdough slider rolls
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 6 stalks celery
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Julienne all vegetables for the gorgonzola slaw and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix mustard, mayonnaise, gorgonzola, celery salt, and apple cider vinegar, then add to the dry slaw and stir until mixed. Set aside. Place rolls in heated oven.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter, then mix in the hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add cornstarch and whisk constantly until sauce thickens, about one minute.
- Place the pulled chicken in the same pan as the buffalo sauce, and stir until the chicken is coated entirely and warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Remove buns from oven, and slice.
- Spoon a generous portion of the chicken onto the bottom half of a roll, then slather with gorgonzola slaw.
- Top with other half of roll and devour!