There are millions of blogs and websites to choose from, so oftentimes it’s hard to know which ones to spend time on, or which ones to pass over. If you’re open to suggestions then check out this unique list of celebrity mothers who regularly share some of their best recipes, tips, and ideas on their website.
1. Jessica Seinfeld – She may be known to many people as Jerry Seinfeld’s wife, but to us she’s known as the fantastic foodie with fabulous recipes. Equipped with humor and charm, the talented blogger is the author of three cookbooks, the #1 New York Times bestseller, Deceptively Delicious, Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food (2007), a fun read that contains strategies and recipes for making healthy food appealing to young children; her second book Double Delicious! Good, Simple Food for Busy, Complicated Lives, (2010) shares healthy twists on traditional recipes, and incorporates vegetable purees, whole grains, and alternatives to processed sugars and flours; and her third cookbook, The Can’t Cook Book, (2013) is a collection of more than 100 simple recipes. In 2010 Seinfeld launched a website for beginner cooks called Do it Delicious, where she taught at-home viewers how to prepare step-by-step meals. You can now check out her recipes at JessicaSeinfeld.com.
2. Alicia Silverstone – In 2009, Clueless star, Alicia Silverstone released her New York Times bestseller, The Kind Diet, a guide to vegan nutrition. In 2014, her follow up book The Kind Mama was published. Silverstone has been an outspoken vegan since 1998 and on her website, The Kind Life, she offers interesting vegan recipes, fashion and beauty tips and nutritional guidance. The actress even promotes exclusive Los Angeles openings like the first vegan cheese shop, and events like the Vegan Beer and Food Festival. Her site is a fantastic resource for those who want to delve deeper into the world of healthy, green, eco friendly living.
3. Martha Stewart – It seems like Martha Stewart is great in a lot of categories and if you check out her site, MarthaStewart.com it’s apparent why she deserves to be on this list. The Queen of Homemaking offers advice on everything imaginable: cleaning tips, organizing strategies, DIY to properly cleaning washing machines, but our favorite topic from Stewart are her delicious, delectable and simple recipes like Mushroom Barley Salad, Beef Curry and Asparagus Lemon-Risotto.
4. Gwyneth Paltrow – Many may not be aware that Oscar winner, Gwyneth Paltrow, has four published cookbooks, including fan favorite, It’s All Good: Delicious Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great. Additionally, she overseas her fabulous lifestyle website, goop, where she offers great food planning ideas and easy recipes that busy moms can benefit from. In addition to sharing shopping and traveling tips, the site also posts savory recipes like Lobster and Green Papaya Salad, Zucchini Linguini with Fava Bean Pesto and Pan Seared Halibut with Sautéed Spring Vegetables.
5. Haylie Duff – Haylie Duff hosts her own show on the Cooking Channel called Real Girls Kitchen and she even features some of her celebrity friends as guests. On her website, of the same name, the food blogger gives restaurant reviews, interesting recipe ideas and even answers viewer questions.
6. Ali Larter – Ali Larter may be a seasoned actress, but she also knows her way around the kitchen. In 2013, the mom of two debuted her cookbook: Kitchen Revelry: A Year of Festive Menus from My Home to Yours. She also launched her food blog AliLarter.com, where she gives entertaining tips, and features wholesome recipes like Kale and Brussel Sprouts Salad and her Summer Vegetable Chopped Salad.