During those moments, when we feel the world is caving in on us, and there aren’t enough hours in the day to complete simple tasks, are the times we need to keep organized the most, and having a good planner is key to making that happen.
While there are many ways to stay organized, there’s nothing like having a portable organizer to physically cross items off your to-do lists. Whether you are a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly or all of the above type of organizer, ensuring you have the right planner will certify your days of overwhelm and stress are numbered. Below are 5 reasons to consider getting a good planner and take control of your time.
- It Encourages a Habit of Completing Tasks – According to a Psychology Today article, the human brain is wired to favor routine over novelty. With that being said, imagine all the menial tasks and big-ticket goals you can accomplish throughout the day, once the routine of completing assignments becomes a part of what you do. If on your schedule you write down things you have to do like: set kids up for virtual learning, organize the closets, check social media, complete a work project, help kids with homework, then you’ll be focused on getting those items done and build a habit of completing tasks timelier. You’ll also be able to realistically plan with the time that you do have.
- Crossing Off Tasks Invokes a Sense of Accomplishment – How do you feel once you’ve realized you’ve completed a goal for the day? The answer is probably “great.” Once you start crossing off those tasks then you feel a great sense of achievement, knowing that you’ve met some of your goals. Studies have even shown that people perform better when they’ve written down what they need to do, and the “to-do” list turns into an effective productivity tool.
- It Turns To-Do’s into Goals – Once you write down all the things you need to accomplish for the day, you’ll begin to see that certain tasks may take more time to complete than one day. It may take a week; it may take a month; it may even take a year. Your planner will help you organize your future and set realistic goals that will help you plan your life better. Realistic goals lead to measurable dreams and immediate inspiration. You’ll then see where you need to set goals in other areas of your life, like physical, spiritual, mental, emotional, etc., and then you’ll be able to take a holistic approach to what goals you want to accomplish.
- It Establishes Boundaries with Your Time – There are only 24 hours in a day, and as the proverbial saying goes, “if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.” If we arbitrarily go about our day with no goals or purpose, then we’ll continually stay in a battle of being stretched too thin. As a parent, we can’t say yes to everything, although, most of us probably do. When we start regularly looking at our plans, then we may realize, we can’t bake a 3-layer cake for a friend, or perhaps we shouldn’t participate in that long text chain that will take us off task. When we start to look at our time from that lens then we’ll realize just how valuable it is.
- We Are More Productive – The bottom line is, completing tasks, establishing boundaries with our time, and setting realistic goals, are all steps to ensuring we are more productive during the day, thus eliminating the constant overwhelm battle. Productivity leads to enhanced wellbeing, an awareness of accomplishment, a greater sense of purpose and better focus.
There are a myriad of techniques to stay organized and keep on top of our goals, however using a portable planner has been a tried and true way that has helped countless. If you’re looking for a way to take back control of your time and diminish overwhelm then maybe it’s time to add a planner to your life.
If you’re interested in my $10.00 custom-made, On-Purpose planner then CLICK HERE and check out the details blow.
The On-Purpose planner comes with 21 downloadable PDF templates in 4 sizes:
• Letter Size (8.5’’ x 11’’)
• Half Letter (5.5’’ x 8.5’’)
• A4 (8.26’’ x 11.69’’)
• A5 (5.8’’ x 8.3’’)
This 21-page set includes the following printables:
1. On-Purpose planner cover page
2. Daily planner
3. Weekly planner
4. Monthly overview
5. Most important yearly goals
6. Grocery list
7. Family meal plan
8. Personal food log
9. Water log
10. Medication log
11. Vitamin log
12. Workout schedule
13. Menstrual cycle/Period tracker
14. Wellness goals
15. Favorite sayings/quotes/scriptures
16. Reading log
17. Reading wish list
18. Movies and tv show wish list
19. Me-time plans
20. Two Notes section
*This is an instant printable download; no products will be mailed to you after purchase.*