As a mom it’s always challenging to find time to fit in exercise. And when we do get a moment to ourselves oftentimes we’re “too busy” or tired to make fitness a priority. It goes without saying that physical exercise enhances and helps maintain our overall health, so we’re hoping these former aerobic instructors – turned celebrity moms – will motivate you to make, or keep, exercise an important part of your life.
1. Pamela Anderson – In 1988, Pamela Anderson moved to Vancouver and worked as an aerobics instructor. Anderson worked in fitness until she was discovered at a Canadian football game. The former Baywatch star still maintains a healthy lifestyle. She became a vegetarian in her teens and later a vegan as an adult. “After I removed dairy I felt like a new person. Everything improved. My digestion, my skin, hair…” she told Healthy Living Magazine. What are some of her favorite meals? “I enjoy quinoa pasta with sundried tomatoes, garlic, pine nuts and spinach,” she says.
2. Savannah Guthrie – At the 2012 Olympics, Today Show co-host Savannah Guthrie revealed that she was an aerobics instructor while studying at Georgetown University. Even today, the TV personality still makes time for exercise and says, “I’m a morning person, of course! My workday typically starts at 3 a.m. and ends in the afternoon. Working out is incredibly important to keep my energy up, especially with these early morning hours, but I confess, sometimes it’s hard during the week to exercise regularly… If I get home early enough in the afternoon, sometimes I do a quick, 20-minute power nap, and then go on an afternoon jog.”
3. Charisma Carpenter – Former Buffy The Vampire Slayer actress, Charisma Carpenter, taught aerobics before becoming a San Diego Chargers Cheerleader. She then went on to have a successful acting career. The beautiful mom says that she stays in good shape by doing circuit workouts with her trainer. She also eats in moderation, with several small meals a day, and tries to always pack in as much protein as she can to stave off cravings.
4. Geri Halliwell – Former Spice Girl, Geri Halliwell, is also a former aerobics instructor and if you’ve seen her Abs it’s apparent that the fit performer still uses the principles she learned when she was a fitness expert. The newlywed is regularly seen jogging around in her hometown and even posted pics of herself working out while on her honeymoon.
5. Connie Britton – Nashville star Connie Britton worked as a fitness instructor in between acting gigs. The actress continues to keep exercise a priority in her life. “I love yoga, I love Pilates, but really my favorite thing is if I can be outside…hiking, running,” she told E News!