Stacy Keibler has a solution for those parents looking for a healthier version of the traditional chicken nugget. Keibler’s sharing an easy Chicken Bite recipe that’s sure to be enjoyable for the entire family. Her version eliminates all the artificial preservatives, breading and sodium found in store-bought brands. Check out the star’s recipe for Orange-Mustard Chicken Bites.
- 1 c. orange juice, or the juice from 3 oranges
- 1/2 c. water
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped, divided
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. ghee
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- ½ garlic clove,
- salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- Whisk first 8 ingredients together and place into pot over medium heat.
- Let boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer; continue to cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken into pieces, season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat; add coconut oil and remaining half of a garlic clove.
- Add chicken and cook until slightly browned.
- Continue cooking for one more minute and then add sauce.
- Coat all pieces in sauce and let thicken for 7 to 10 minutes.