New mom, Stacy Keibler, has already proven that she knows her way around the kitchen. We’re just waiting for those homemade baby meals that we’re sure she’ll be whipping up for her new daughter, Ava, but for now, we’re looking forward to trying out her twist on yam fries that she shared on her website. Take a peek below.
- 2 medium yams
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews, soaked in filtered water for at least 10 minutes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable broth, more as needed (depending how liquidy you want the sauce)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash yams, scrubbing if necessary. Slice both yams into fry-like strips.
- Toss yams in a bowl with coconut oil and spread flat across a baking sheet.
- Roast yams for 15 minutes.
- While the yams are roasting, drain cashews of their soaking water to make the aioli. Add cashews, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt and water to a food processor or blender. Process or blend until smooth, adding additional water as needed, until it is the consistency of yogurt.
- Remove fries from oven. Flip them over with a spatula, and put back into the oven. Roast for an additional 10-15 minutes, until yams are crisp and have begun browning.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve yam fries warm.
- Top fries with garlic aioli and green onions.