Coconut oil is an edible oil extracted from the kernel of mature coconuts harvested from the coconut palm. There are so many different ways to use this special oil, in fact some have cited over one hundred. Stacy Keibler is sharing seven. Take a look.
- Moisturize your hair when it becomes dry and brittle from too much sun exposure on the beach.
- Dress delicious summer produce like snap peas, strawberries, and radishes in a seasonal salad with this light homemade coconut-lime vinaigrette. (recipe here)
- Get your feet pedicure-ready at home! Just rub coconut oil onto cracked, dry heels as a moisturizer and after a few coats of your favorite polish, you’ll be ready for your favorite sandals.
- Make the perfect granola bars (recipe here) for an afternoon hike or weekend road trip. (I like to substitute cacao nibs for chocolate chips, too!)
- Throw it in your beach bag! Coconut oil naturally has SPF of 2-8, and makes a great substitute for chemically-based tanning oils. But don’t forget your sunscreen! Check out this earlier post on how to stay safe in the sun.)
- Get sundress-ready by swapping your shaving cream for coconut oil. It’s super-moisturizing, easy on razors and smells great!
- Whip up a delicious trail mix (recipe here), which is way tastier on a vacation flight than airport snacks.