Reports show that pregnancy among women in their early 20’s dropped nearly 18 percent from 1990 to 2008, but among older women, ages 40 to 44, there’s been an increase by nearly 65 percent. Although pregnancy for women in their late 40’s remained unchanged it’s worth highlighting the famous moms that accomplished this incredible life-giving feat, like the seven famous faces below.
1. Halle Berry – Actress Halle Berry had her first child, a daughter, with former partner, model Gabriel Aubry, at 41; and in 2013 she had her second child, a son, with ex-husband actor Olivier Martinez, at the beautiful and healthy age of 47.
2. Holly Hunter – Academy Award-winning actress, Holly Hunter, gave birth to twin boys at the majestic age of 47. We applaud the former, Saving Grace, thespian for delivering such a special duo, but Holy Mama, Holly.
3. Wendy Wasserstein – Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright and noted screenwriter, Wendy Wasserstein, gave birth to her daughter when she was 48 years old. Sadly, the first time mom passed away just seven years later of Lymphoma. God Bless you Mama Wasserstein.
6. Nancy Grace – The no-nonsense, yet compassionate, legal commentator, Nancy Grace, gave birth, two years shy of the half-century mark. She’s tough, but we give this judicial Mama grace for delivering twins at 48.
7. Beverly D’Angelo – National Lampoon actress, Beverly D’Angelo, delivered Al Pacino’s twins when she was 49 years old. A proud papa, a proud mama and two little bambinos, who could ask for anything more?