Martina McBride may be a country-singing sensation but it’s evident from all the delicious recipes in her cookbook, Around The Table, that the multiple-Grammy Award nominee also knows her way around the kitchen. McBride posted her recipe for the classic Iceberg Wedge Salad and if you’re into “super-refreshing” dishes then this one’s for you.
For the Salad:
- 2 small heads iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups quartered heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 teaspoons chopped chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup good-quality blue cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 11⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the blue cheese, buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, whisking until thoroughly combined.
- Quarter each head of lettuce and reserve 2 quarters for another use.
- To serve, place a wedge of lettuce on each salad plate.
- Top with the blue cheese dressing, tomatoes, bacon, chives, and parsley.