It’s warming up outside so there’s no better way to enjoy the beautiful Spring weather than with some rich vanilla ice cream. But, instead of waiting in line for 15 minutes to pick up a scoop you can make your own in 10 minutes, and there’s no churning involved! Martha Stewart shared the secret to this easy dessert on her website and we’re revealing the details below.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- In a medium bowl, stir together condensed milk, vanilla, and Bourbon, if desired.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream on high until stiff peaks form, 3 minutes.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture.
- Pour into a 4 1/2-by-8 1/2-inch loaf pan. Freeze until firm, 6 hours.
You can freeze, covered, up to 1 week.