Kimberly Elise makes being vegan look good, especially when she shares some of her favorite, yummy-looking recipes. She swears by these baked onion rings, and they sure look good. The recipe is below.
- 1 Sweet Onion (Sliced into ½’’ individual rings)
- 1/2 Cup. Whole Wheat Flour (or Gluten Free Flour)
- 1 Cup. Corn Flakes (Crushed)
- ¼ Cup. Sparkling Water
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In one bowl, mix your flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and sparkling water together, to create a thick liquid batter.
- In a second bowl, pour your crushed corn flakes into it.
- Begin to coat your onion slices in your batter thoroughly. Afterwards, coat them as much as possible in the corn flakes crumbs.
- Place your rings on a non-stick baking sheet and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!