It goes without saying that the standard of beauty continues to change and a woman’s body is appealing in all shapes and sizes. These popular 1950’s celebrity moms sporting classic, and sometimes risqué, bathing suits had their own unique style and undeniable beauty.
1. Elizabeth Taylor – From her early years as a child star with MGM, Elizabeth Taylor became one of the great screen actresses of Hollywood’s Golden Age. The lovely Taylor is seen below sporting a figure-flattering one-piece from a 1953 photo shoot for the film, The Girl Who Had Everything.
2. Esther Williams – Esther Williams was an American competitive swimmer who set multiple national and regional swimming records in her late teens. She eventually become a succesful actress. Below, the fit mom looked amazing in her trendy two-piece bathing suit.
3. Doris Day – Doris Day was one of America’s most popular actresses in the 1950s and 1960s. You can’t get more innocent-looking than this vintage photo of Day taken sometime in the 50’s. She looked absolutely adorable.
4. Dorothy Dandridge – Dorothy Dandridge was the first black actress nominated for the “Best Actress” Academy Award. In this picture Dandridge poses for a photo shoot in France in the late 50’s, wearing a checkered one-piece swim suit.
5. Natalie Wood – Natalie Wood was an American film and television actress best known for her roles in Miracle on 34th Street, Rebel Without a Cause, and West Side Story. Wood wore a 2-piece that wasn’t so conservative for the 50’s and she looked gorgeous.
6. Brigitte Bardot – Brigitte Bardot is one of the best known sex symbols of the 1950s and 1960s. During her career in show business, she starred in 47 films, performed in several musical shows and recorded over 60 songs. Bardot popularized the bikini in her early films such as Manina, The Girl in the Bikini and in 1953 she was photographed in a two-piece on every beach in the south of France during the Cannes Film Festival, including this pic of a teenage Bardot below.