Summer is just around the corner and what better way to prepare for the heat than with some fresh pico de gallo? New mommy Haylie Duff shared her spin on a classic favorite by adding watermelon, pineapple and pine nuts to fresh salsa fresca. See the simple instructions below.
- 1 cup of watermelon
- 3 tbsp of diced pineapple
- 1-2 heirloom tomatoes (depending on size…mine was large so i just used one)
- 2 jalapeños (I removed most seeds but not all..cuz I like mine spicy!)
- 1 cucumber (use a spoon to scoop out the seeds before dicing)
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- juice of 1 juicy lime
- handful of cilantro
- generous shake of cayenne
- generous pinch of sea salt
- generous pinch of black pepper
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor. If you don’t have one, no worries… just chop all ingredients by hand.