Candace Cameron Bure wowed us when she posted a delectable-looking green bean salad that she made, courtesy of Jamie Deen from the Food Network. She said that she used all Farmer’s Market ingredients. So, her salad looks fresh and delicious.
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound slender green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Add the green beans and cook until tender crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Use a spider to remove to a bowl of ice water.
- Drain well, pat dry and place the beans in a large bowl.
- Combine with the feta cheese, tomatoes and red onions.
- Toast the almonds in a small skillet, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, garlic and some salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the green beans and sprinkle with the toasted almonds. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.