Any advice we can get for improving quality of life is usually a welcomed treat. And, whenever we feel there’s some valuable tips to help moms navigate through this busy life then it’s a must share, even if it means changing your morning routine. Reality mom, Bethenny Frankel, is sharing five tips on how to become a morning person. If you don’t think that’s you then try Frankel’s suggestions and see if you can readjust.
1. Cut your evenings short. It’s going to be hard to wake up early if you haven’t had a full night of sleep. Adjust your daily schedule and go to bed earlier so that you can wake up each morning fully rested.
2. Create the right environment. Your bedroom should be cozy, but not to the point where you’re too comfortable and can’t get out of bed. Try little adjustments like positioning the blinds to allow some light to come into the room in the morning, or move your alarm clock out of arm’s reach so you’re forced to get out of bed to turn it off.
3. Get moving. Engage in some kind of physical activity as soon as you wake up. You can hit the gym for a full workout, practice yoga at home, or go on a quick walk. Getting physical will get your blood pumping and wake you right up.
4. Wake up with intention. Think about the reasons why you want to become a morning person. Do you need extra time to finish a project? Do you need more time to exercise? Maybe you just want more time for yourself. Having a purpose for getting up earlier will give you the mental motivation you need to make this lifestyle change.
5. Stay consistent. If you want to become a morning person, you need to make waking up early a habit. That means getting up early on the weekends too. The longer you can stick with it, the sooner waking up earlier will become a natural part of your life.