In a surprise victory, Donald Trump was elected as the 45th U.S. president in the 2016 election on the Republican ticket, defeating Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. This win has sparked controversy and disagreements around the country, leaving a divided America even more separated, including among celebrities. Find out where these famous moms draw their loyalty.
FAMOUS MOMS FOR TRUMP
1. Kirstie Alley – Cheers alum, Kirstie Alley, tweeted her support for Donald Trump after his surprise win. The actress has been a vocal supporter of Trump and after his victory tweeted, “CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT TRUMP! @realDonaldTrump against all odds ..against the establishment and even against most from the GOP..U did it!”
CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT TRUMP! @realDonaldTrump against all odds ..against the establishment and even against most from the GOP..U did it!
— Kirstie Alley (@kirstiealley) November 9, 2016
2. Roseanne Bar – Despite generally leaning left politically, Roseanne Barr voiced her support for Donald Trump in a Hollywood Reporter interview, and after his victory had this tweet to say, “Donald J. Trump Wins And So Does The United States Of America”
Donald J. Trump Wins And So Does The United States Of America https://t.co/WWaAj8euDN
— Roseanne Barr (@therealroseanne) November 9, 2016
3. Stacey Dash – Former Clueless actress and Fox News contributor, Stacey Dash, has not shied away from her unyielding support for Donald Trump and when he won the election she didn’t hide her glee, posting this message to social media. “America Will Be Great Again @realDonaldTrump #praiseGod #WeStand #USA”
— Stacey Dash (@REALStaceyDash) November 9, 2016
4. Teresa Giudice – The Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice has also been vocal about her support for Donald Trump and after his victory posted her continued allegiance. “Congratulations
@realDonaldTrump on your victory, I am praying that you do a good job and help all Americans live a better & safer life”
— Teresa Giudice (@Teresa_Giudice) November 10, 2016
5. Candace Cameron – Candace Cameron voiced her support for Trumps’ victory on The View. Watch the video for the full effect.
FAMOUS MOMS AGAINST TRUMP
1. Christina Applegate – Christina Applegate came out publicly and supported Hillary Clinton in March, but when she lost Applegate tweeted out her utter disappointment. “I went to sleep early. Woke up to this. To my fellow humans outside of the US. We don’t want this. And we are heartbroken.”
I went to sleep early. Woke up to this. To my fellow humans outside of the US. We don’t want this. And we are heartbroken.
1. christina applegate (@1capplegate) November 9, 2016
We are staring into the face of our darkest self America. Why does it have to have a dyed combover??
2. Connie Britton (@conniebritton) November 9, 2016
3. Alyssa Milano – Alyssa Milano was a very vocal Bernie Sanders supporter early on and though she hasn’t been as vocal with her allegiance to Hillary Clinton she did make it clear of her heartache after Trump won. “I’m devastated. Bigly.”
I’m devastated. Bigly.
3. Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) November 9, 2016
4. Olivia Wilde – Actress Olivia Wilde has supported Clinton since she announced her campaign in 2015. One reason for her support, as told to The Daily Beast, was “The fact that she feels the plight of women and girls as the most important issue of the 21st century…” When Donald Trump met President Obama Wilde had this to say, “
@realDonaldTrump isn’t worthy of a handshake from the Obamas, let alone the keys to their house of hope and progress.”
.@realDonaldTrump isn’t worthy of a handshake from the Obamas, let alone the keys to their house of hope and progress.
— olivia wilde (@oliviawilde) November 11, 2016
5. Shonda Rhimes – Executive Producer Shonda Rhimes, along with the cast of her hit TV Shows, Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder, publicly endorsed Hillary Clinton as a team. When Clinton lost she had this to say. “Really, people? ANYONE can be President? ANYONE? ANY-ONE?”
Really, people? ANYONE can be President? ANYONE? ANY-ONE?
— shonda rhimes (@shondarhimes) November 9, 2016